Sunday 21 November 2010

End of Module Evaluation

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?


In terms of skills i have acquired alot of new methods of working and techniques within them. The one that sticks out the most is my use of Adobe illustrator, before i came here i didn't have a clue how to use it and now i think I've pretty much mastered the basics. I've developed in other areas such as understanding the principles behind graphic design relating mainly to our studies on type.


2.What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I used my design context blog as a way to mainly record my research, looking at current designers/illustrators/artists, current typefaces and in general things i thought would inspire my work. I found this a tedious at first uploading all my research to my blog but it worked perfectly when influencing my work as i had a easily accessible online book of my research to use.  Other methods that informed my design development process was recording as much primary research as i could with my camera that way i could find things that influenced me and they didn't have to come from the library or from the internet.





3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

Judging my own work is definitely a task i need to develop but I would say my main strength is understanding how layout work. I often find that if i had a rubbish image and a rubbish piece of type you could always make it look visually engaging solely down to its layout. I would like to learn more about layout and the way type and image can be successfully mixed together.



4. What weakness can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?


The main weakness within my work is trying to get the ideas from my head down onto paper. Often i try and go with the first idea i think of, when instead i should be developing ideas further and further so the progression is structured and my outcome will be most likely much more effective.



5.Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

-Keep up to date on my blogging so i don't have to add stuff near the end of the module.
-Manage my time a little better so I'm not rushing work near the deadlines.

-Become more creative with my work, I'm fed up of using computers.

-Gain influence from past designers not just current ones.




6. How you grade yourself on the following areas?
5= excellent, 4= very good, 3= good, 2=average 1=poor


Attendance: 5

Punctuality: 5

Motivation: 4

Commitment: 5

Quantity of work produced: 3

Quality of work produced: 4
Contribution of the group:
5

No comments:

Post a Comment