Friday 20 January 2012

IMAGE: Editorial Image // Feedback + Other considerations

After our first weekly brief looking back I'm chuffed with the results considering the amount of time that went into getting them completed with all our other briefs going on at the moment. I would of liked to spend more time on perfecting my outcomes, but then again nothing is ever perfect.

I've enjoyed working in collage, would is something I'd like to develop, mainly digitally. I like the fact the internet holds no limitations in reference to source material, often when cutting and pasting things by hand its hard to find that one bit of imagery you need. I've been looking at lots of designers and artists who work with digital montages and collaged media, I want to take this forward into our next weekly brief.

I found it much easier to work considering the set format/size we were given. When jotting ideas down on a4 paper and in sketchbooks I wasn't coming up with anything consistent, however when I actually started working with the boundaries on the computer it opened up so many more angles to how  I could present my idea. A like to what we're working in motion graphics the frame becomes more like a stage.

The Image I'm most happy with is the second article, Again I'm talking about collage, but from techniques learned in DESIGN FOR PRINT, using duotone and halftoned images gave me that asethetic feel I had pictured from the start. I think the Shuttle and the Globe sit nicely on the page, but If i was to do it again I'd definitely re draw the arrow and change the type so it looked a little less slap dash.



No comments:

Post a Comment