Sunday 2 September 2012

Business Cards

Business Cards

For next Wednesdays session we needed to have a set of business cards to show we're progressing with our individual efforts of making a name for ourselves within the world of graphic design. Plus when the opportunity comes along what's worse than meeting a potential client and not being able to leave them with your details. Before summer I designed and printed some of my business cards but wasn't totally satisfied with their outcome, This week I've tried to pick up from the point I left them at and give them a bit of a re-vamp.


In terms of budget I think sending off my design to a printing company to get some nicely finished prints would be ideal, but due low funds at the moment I'm pre-longing ordering with a company. I think being given something handmade is much more personal and satisfying to receive.



I started by thinking about what techniques I could use that I'm already well experienced in doing and would be effective as communicating myself as a designer. I found some hologram foil in screen print which as soon as I saw I thought would work well the stock I'd chosen. Using spray mount and a roller I layered up lots of piece of multi-coloured paper, so that the sides of my card would have a series of stock fading from yellow to purple. I thought this would link in nicely with the hologram foil print because when you hold it in the light you can see all the colours of the light spectrum.




No comments:

Post a Comment